Your source for FREE online backups
DataHaven.NET is a peer to peer online backup utility.
This is a distributed network for backup data storage. Each participant of the network provides a portion of his hard drive for other users. In exchange, he is able to store his data on other peers.
The redundancy in backup makes it so if someone loses your data, you can rebuild what was lost and give it to someone else to hold. And all of this happens without you having to do a thing - the software keeps your data in safe.
All your data is encrypted before it leaves your computer with a private key your computer generates. No one else can read your data, even DataHaven.NET! Recover data is only one way - download the necessary pieces from computers of other peers and decrypt them with your private key.
- distributed data storage
- peer to peer backup, data is transferred directly to your suppliers
- automatically search and connect with remote peers
- encrypt all outgoing data with the private key
- redundancy in data backup allows to restore the lost blocks
- monitoring of remote suppliers
- automatic data rebuilding after a change of supplier
- scheduled backups
- bandwidth limit management
- restore your data in one click
- recover user account is possible with your private key only
- virtual credits is used to count space allocated by users
- sell your HDD space to other users
- cross-platform application, currently support Windows and Linux
- command-line support
- open source code
- easy in use, simple GUI interface
The default price for 1GB per month is $ 0.1 at the moment. We would like to allow our users themselves determine the price for the provided space, more reliable suppliers would receive more. These functions will be added later.
DataHaven.NET gives a $ 10 virtual credits to each new user as gift. Let's say you set your needed space to 5 GB during installation and donate nothing to other users - then your credits run out in about 2 months.
You can exchange real US dollars for virtual credits in DataHaven.NET LTD at 1:1.
Also, you will be able to sell the accumulated credits in the online shop or auction,
so you can donate a lot space and make some small money with DataHaven.NET.
These capabilities are planned to be added in the future when the number of users is large enough.